1. Rent a paddle board or boat from the Schroon Lake Marina
2. Try the North Country’s best wood fired pizza at Sticks and Stones
3. Tingle your taste buds with a wine slushy or crepe at Vine and Barley
4. Have a fine, hand crafted beer at the new Paradox Brewery Beer Garden
5. Try the fresh baked goodies at North Woods Bread Co
6. Build a sandcastle at the Town Beach
7. Come out for Schroon’s 63rd Fourth of July Parade and Fireworks
8. Take a spin class
9. Cones at Stewart’s
10. Music, Music and More Music, courtesy of the Schroon Lake Arts Council
12. Schroon's Wednesday night Square Dance
13. Get fresh produce and more at the Schroon Farmer’s Market every Thursday at 9am
14. Check out the unique home furnishings at Pinecone Mercantile
15. Pancakes at Pitkin's
16. World class opera and more at the Seagle Music Colony
17. Check out all Schroon has to offer at the Chamber of Commerce
18. Relax and stretch at True North North Yoga!
19 Listen to a classic as an audiobook. Or try these newer audiobooks.
20. The Annual Adirondack Folk Festival at the Towne Park
21. Drive to Montreal for the Day (it’s only two hours)
22. Get a new summer wardrobe at the Towne Store
23. Ride a bike around the lake
24. And stop in at the Adirondack General Store For breakfast and lunch
25. Blow bubbles
26. Try a homemade pretzel made with Beer at the Paradox Brewery
27. No room for guests? Invite a friend up and stay at the Schroon Lake Place
28. Get a book bargain at the Friends of Schroon Lake Book store
29. Pay a visit to ADK Gardens for some amazing hanging baskets
30. Grab a burger or hot dog from the Food Stand at the Schroon Lake Beach
31. Rent a kayak at Manicare Auto
32. Get a massage
33. Try real Adirondack style pizza at DeCesare’s Italian Restaurant
35. Revisit history at the Schroon Lake Historical Society
36. Buy an old Schroon Lake Postcard
37. See a movie at the Strand art deco cinema
38. Play tennis
39. Explore Pottersville's Stone Bridge and Caves
41. Walk up and down Main Street!
42. Attend an auction with one of the best auctioneers in the land
43. Go Fishing
44. Meet the Schroon Lake Citizen of the Year at the Timberwolf Pub
45. Try the area's best French Onion soup around at Flanagan’s
46. Eat a bison burger
47. Take a nap in a hammock
48. Fly a kite (Available at the Towne Store)
49. Monday Night Acoustic Jam Sessions at the Boat House
50. Play board games on those days when the Liquid Sunshine is out
51. Golf, anyone?
52. Grab a coffee and free Wi Fi at the Higher Grounds Coffee Shop
53. Dance in the rain
54. Cook S’mores
55. Buy some world famous whiskey at Schroon Lake Liquors
56. Jump rope
57. Skip rocks
58. Take a pontoon boat history tour, hosted by the Schroon Lake Chamber
59. Have a picnic at the Town Beach
60. Play basketball at the Town Courts
61. Build a camp fire
62. Blow bubbles
63. Go see buffalo
64. Learn how to make a margarita
65. Rent a pontoon boat
66. Play Pickleboard
67. Catch fire flies
68. Take a road trip to Lake George
69. Make tie-dyed t-shirts.
70. Thank the Schroon Lake Beach Lifeguards for their service
71. Buy lemonade from a kids stand
72. Attend the weekly arts and crafts market
73. The Schroon Lake Arts Council’s Annual Crafts Fair on July 15
74. Learn all about our lakes
75. Buy a raffle ticket for a Hornbeck Canoe
76. Plant a butterfly garden
77. Have a water balloon fight
78. Make a wish in the fountain at the Town Park
79. Sunbath (with sunscreen!)
80. Check out the candy selection at the Schroon Lake pharmacy
82. Read a book that will change your life on a porch swing.
83. Throw a BBQ for friends and family.
84. Pick wildflowers
85. Invite a bear into your home
86. Make guilt-free popsicles.
87. Take photographs in nature.
88. Play disc golf with friends.
89. Explore all the activities at Gore Mountain
90. Check out local yard sales
91. Take a road trip to Lake Placid
92. Play in the sprinkler
93. Take family naps together
94. Take an early morning walk
95. Write in a journal
96. Keep your kitchen cool. Make no-bake cookies.
97. Eat watermelon
98. Press summer flowers
99. Make your own pizza. Try this kid-friendly recipe.
100. Go to The Glens Falls Drive-in