Thousands of folks are expected to descend upon Schroon and surrounding towns this weekend for the 16th ADK Marathon and several other distance races, bringing drummers and road closures to our fair shores. The fun starts Saturday in Chestertown with the Marathon taking front and center stage on Sunday in Schroon.
You can click here for a full run down of the closures – which will impact traffic mostly on Sunday morning through Sunday afternoon along the heavily travelled Route 9.
Sunday is tipped to be a glorious day with temperatures in th ehigh 50s to low 60s after early morning showers.
1. Rt. 9 - Hoffman Rd to Village 8:45 am - 9:05 am. Rt. 9 - Village to Alder Meadow Rd 8:40 am - 9:20 am.
2. Alder Meadow Rd, Tyrrell Rd, Severance Rd, & Adirondack Rd - 8:55 am - 9:45 am.
3. Adirondack Rd / Red Wing Rd to Adirondack 8:55 am - 11:45 am.
4. East Shore Dr (from Adirondack), East Schroon River Rd and Glendale Rd to Word of Life Bible Institute Entrance (Pottersville) 9:10 am - 1:00 pm.
5. Route 9 (Pottersville) from Stone Bridge Rd. to Schroon Lake Village 10 am - 2:30 pm.
Will you be running or cheering someone on?
Tell us in comments