With the running of the 18th Annual Adirondack Marathon Sunday, there will be several roads in and around Schroon, Adirondack, Pottersville and Horicon closed for long -- and short -- periods of time,.
Here is the official list of roads that will be closed:
7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Access to local roads will be restricted and controlled by NY State Police and Essex and Warren County Sheriffs. You are requested to restrict use of affected roads during the indicated times to attendance of Houses of Worship and Emergencies only.
1. Rt. 9 – Hoffman Rd to Village 8:45 am – 9:05 am.
Rt. 9 – Village to Alder Meadow Rd 8:40 am – 9:20 am.
2. Alder Meadow Rd, Tyrrell Rd, Severance Rd, & Adirondack Rd – 8:55 am – 9:45 am.
3. Adirondack Rd / Red Wing Rd to Adirondack 8:55 am – 11:45 am.
4. East Shore Drive (from Adirondack) to Shaw Hill Road – 9:10 am – 1 pm.
5. From Shaw Hill Road to East Schroon River Road and Glendale Road to Word of Life Bible Institute Entrance (Pottersville) 9:40 am – 1 pm.
6. Route 9 (Pottersville) from Stone Bridge Rd. to Schroon Lake Village 10 am – 2:30 pm.
Alternating police escorted one-way traffic in South Bound Lane on US Route 9 for local residents attending Houses of Worship. Sunday morning, during the listed hours, call the Adirondack Marathon Command Center for assistance. 532-7737