ATURDAY, JUNE 30: “Art on the Lawn” Duke Connor’s paintings, video history of Schroon Lake, and ice cream social. 12:00 – 4:00 p.m. at the Schroon-North Hudson Historical Society and Museum. 518-532-7615.
SUNDAY, JULY 1: “Big Fez and the Surfmatics” Schroon Lake Arts Council 2018 season kickoff! Free concert, oldies and beach music. 5:00-8:00 p.m. at the Town Park. Call 518-532-9259 for more information.
WEDNESDAY, JULY 4: 64th Annual 4th of July Celebration
- Patriotic Path 5k Adult Run & 1 Mile Kids Fun Run. Registration at 8:00 a.m., run at 9:00 a.m. Schroon Lake Central School.
- Adirondack Basket Raffle. 9:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m. Schroon Lake Chamber of Commerce.
- Adirondack Artists & Crafters. 9:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m. Schroon Lake Town Hall.
- Live music at the Town Beach. 11:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
- 38th Annual Chicken BBQ. 11:00 a.m. until sold out. Schroon Lake Community Church.
- "Bounce Around" bounce house for kids. 11:00 a.m.–9:00 p.m. at the Town Park.
- "Art Bucket" face painting. 11:00 a.m.- 9:00 p.m. at the Town Park.
- Lions Club Food Tent. 11:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. at the Town Park.
- Scotia/Glenville Pipe Band Mini Concert. 5:00 p.m. Town Park by the water fountain.
- 64th Annual Parade. 6:00 p.m. Starts at Hoffman Rd, up Main Street, to Fowler Ave.
- Patriotic Music Concert by Word of Life Collegians & Seagle Music Colony at dusk, Town Beach.
*4th of July Celebration culminates with the Gala Fireworks Display at the Town Beach*
THURSDAY, JULY 5: Storytelling at the Boathouse Theater. 7:00 p.m. Sponsored by the Schroon-North Hudson Historical Society and Museum. 518-532-7615.
FRIDAY, July 6: “Salt & Silt: What is getting in my watershed?” 7:00 p.m. in the Schroon Lake Central School Auditorium. Sponsored by the Schroon Lake Association, ESSLA and the Paradox Lake Association.
THURSDAY-SATURDAY, JULY 5-7: “Candide” Performances at 8:00 p.m. each day and 2:00 p.m. on Friday at the Seagle Music Colony. Adults tickets are $40 and children $30. Call 518-532-7875 for tickets and information.
SUNDAY, JULY 8: Tango Fusion. Free concert, Latin dance music. 12:00 – 3:00 p.m. at the Town Park. Sponsored by the Schroon Lake Arts Council. 518-532-9259. Car Show. 11:30 a.m. @ Sticks & Stones. 518-532-9663.
TUESDAY, JULY 10: “Get Up Jack” Boathouse Concert at 7:30 p.m. Adult tickets are $20, students $5. Sponsored by the Schroon Lake Arts Council. Call 518-532-9259 for more information.
WEDNESDAY, JULY 11: Floating Classroom. A hands-on lake adventure for all ages! 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. departing from the Word of Life dock. The event is free, but pre-registration is required. Sponsored by ESSLA, with Word of Life, Adirondack Watershed Institute & Adirondack Park Invasive Plant Program. Contact John Greening at 518-260-6965 for more information.
THURSDAY, JULY 12: Hands-on Program for Kids. 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. at the Schroon-North Hudson Historical Society and Museum. 518-532-7615.
SATURDAY, JULY 14: “Billy Goats Gruff” FREE Seagle Music Colony Children’s Opera at the Boathouse. Performances are at 10:00 & 11:30. Call 518-532-7875 for additional information. “Underground Railroad” Stories by Carisbrooke at the Schroon-North Hudson Historical Society and Museum. 518-532-7615. Seagle Music Colony Gala. Annual fundraising event, this year honoring General Director Tony Kostecki and SMC alumna Vanessa Becerra. 6:00 p.m. Tickets are $175/pp. For more information call 518-532-7875 or visit www.seaglecolony.org
SUNDAY, JULY 15: “Show Up!” Story creation with audience participation featuring Peter Michael Marino. 12:00 – 3:00 p.m. at the Town Park. Sponsored by the Schroon Lake Arts Council. 518-532-9259.