The summer is still kicking and now its the best time to enjoy the best of Schroon in September.
Here are the highlights:
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 1
- Garage Sale in the Park. 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Sponsored by the Schroon Lake Senior Citizens Club. Call 518-532-7755 for more information or to purchase a site.
- Street Dance & Fireworks. Music from 7:00-9:30 p.m. by the Willie Playmore Band, Dock Street, followed by a Fireworks display at the Town Beach.
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 8
- Annual Lobster & Chicken Bake. Sponsored by the Schroon Lake Fish & Game Club. Ticket choices: Lobster & Chicken $30, Lobster $20, Chicken $15. Chicken served 1:30-2:30 p.m., lobster served 3:00-4:00 p.m. Bar open at noon.
- “Hey Big Spender” A Cy Coleman Revue. 7:30 p.m. at the Seagle Music Colony. Adults tickets are $25 and children $15. Call 518-532-7875 for tickets and information.
SUNDAY, SUNDAY 16
- Beer Tasting, 2:00 to 4:00 p.m.at Sticks & Stones, featuring the music of Vinnie Leddick. Tickets are $25 (includes appetizers), available for purchase at the Library and Sticks & Stones. Sponsored by the Friends of the Schroon Lake Library.
SATURDAY - SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 22-23
- Adirondack Marathon Distance Festival. Marathon, Half Marathon, 2 & 4 Person Marathon Relays, 5K, 10K & Kids 1K Fun Run. For more information and to register online, go to: www.adirondackmarathon.org