Summer Lives On -- hot and strong. And it's another BONZA week here our fine part of the Adirondacks. Below are this week's highlights. To see what's happening every day of the week, click here.
TUESDAY, AUGUST 7
- Boathouse Concert – Runaway Home. 7:30 p.m. at the Boathouse Theater. Adult tickets $20, students $5. Sponsored by the Schroon Lake Arts Council. For more information visit schroonlakearts.com or call 518-532-9259.
- Special showing of the movie The Quiet Place at the Strand with a special appearance featuring the Cavoli family and their twin babies Evangelina and Ezekiel, who had a role in the film.
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 8
- Seagle Music Colony Guild Event. Special Scholarship Luncheon, 11:00 a.m. at the Sagamore Resort, Bolton Landing. Featuring a basket raffle and performances by the 2018 emerging artists. Call 518-532-7875 for more information.
THURSDAY, AUGUST 9
- Storytelling at the Boathouse Theater. 7:00 p.m. Sponsored by the Schroon-North Hudson Historical Society and Museum. 518-532-7615.
- Golf Lessons. 6:30 – 7:30 p.m., ages 7-10. Please sign up at the Golf Course. Sponsored by the Town of Schroon Youth Commission.
FRIDAY, AUGUST 10
- Libraries Rock! Fairy Garden Craft. 11:0 a.m., Schroon Lake Public Library. Pre-registration required, call 518-532-7737 for more information.
SATURDAY, AUGUST 11
- Adirondack Yard Sale. 9:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m., Community Center, Town of Adirondack. Family fun & games 11am-1pm sponsored by the YMCA. End the evening with the Adirondack Shindig 5-8pm, music by The Logjammers.
SUNDAY, AUGUST 12
- Adirondack Folk Festival. 12:00 – 5:00 p.m. at the Bandstand. FREE concert event featuring the Jamcrackers (Dan Duggan, Dan Berggren and Peggy Lynn), Roy Hurd with Skip Smithson and Tim Hartnett, Cricket Blue, Goodbye Blue, and Three Quarter North. Sponsored by the Schroon Lake Arts Council. Call 518-532-9259 for more information.
- Vespers Concert. 5:00 p.m. at the Seagle Music Colony. FREE concert, suggested donation, $10. Call 518-532-7875 for more information.