July 4th in Schroon. It’s not just the parade, but an all day extravaganza!
The main event, which attracts thousands — and gives dentists new clients from all of the free candy thrown throughout the parade — starts at 6pm.
But the day begins much earlier with a fun run (9am) and the world famous Annual Chicken BBQ, until sold out, proudly sponsored by the Schroon Lake Community Church.
“It’s going to one of our best years ever,” Nicole Howe, from the Schroon Lake Chamber told us today.
“For the first time we have the Schroon Lake Jazz band and the 5th and 6th grade soccer team.”
The fireworks are sceduled to start between 9.30 and 10pm.
Here is the official program from the Chmber:
WEDNESDAY, JULY 4: 64th Annual 4th of July Celebration
- Patriotic Path 5k Adult Run & 1 Mile Kids Fun Run. Registration at 8:00 a.m., run at 9:00 a.m. Schroon Lake Central School.
- Adirondack Basket Raffle. 9:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m. Schroon Lake Chamber of Commerce.
- Adirondack Artists & Crafters. 9:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m. Schroon Lake Town Hall.
- Live music at the Town Beach. 11:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
- 38th Annual Chicken BBQ. 11:00 a.m. until sold out. Schroon Lake Community Church.
- "Bounce Around" bounce house for kids. 11:00 a.m.–9:00 p.m. at the Town Park.
- "Art Bucket" face painting. 11:00 a.m.- 9:00 p.m. at the Town Park.
- Lions Club Food Tent. 11:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. at the Town Park.
- Scotia/Glenville Pipe Band Mini Concert. 5:00 p.m. Town Park by the water fountain.
- 64th Annual Parade. 6:00 p.m. Starts at Hoffman Rd, up Main Street, to Fowler Ave.
- Patriotic Music Concert by Word of Life Collegians & Seagle Music Colony at dusk, Town Beach.
- 4th of July Celebration culminates with the Gala Fireworks Display at the Town Beach