We’ve compiled a list of FREE, fun activities for kids in our area. Know about some we don’t.? Share them with us in comments. Find out where the action is in our Kids and family section.
1. This Saturday’s Free Fishing Derby at the Town Dock. (9am July, 26). Free food, fun and prizes. Get all of the Info, here.
2. Free Zumba for kids with Cathy Peace and Anna Bentley Hay. Monday nights in The Town Park starting at 6.30pm. All through July and August.Click here for details.
3. Go Bison watching at the Adirondack Buffalo Company. On Blue Ridge Road, 3.7 miles west of Northway exit 29.
4. Youth Tennis at the Town Courts. (Grades 1 – 12)Tuesdays at 9am and Thursdays at 4pm. Call (518) 532-7170 or (518) 532-9309 for information.
5. Learn how to play golf. Lessons every Monday night at 6pm beginning July 28. (Sign up at the Golf Course by July 26). Grades 1 – 12.
6. Story Time at the Library every Wednesday in July and August.
7. Watch a Bear being created out of wood. Get a prime seat behind the protective screen and watch Frank work his magic as he carves a bear out of a tree.
8. Free crafts at the Library, every Friday at 11am until August 8.
9. Sing-a long with Patti and Dave at 2pm in the Boathouse Theatre at 2pm. Proudly sponsored by the Schroon Lake Arts Council.
10. The Rodeo. This is a must for all families. Kids love the free activities before the rodeo, as much as the big event. The petting zoo is an amazing chance for everyone to get up close and personal with animals of all shapes and sizes.
11. The acoustic Open Mic Jam Session Monday nights at the Boat House and Witherbee’s Carriage House on Thursday night. We’ve heard some amazing young talent at both.